This role will be focus on the development and execution of the Financial Crime Compliance Program across the Private Bank division of an established global Bank, especially around the area of new client approvals and ensure that the Program meets internal and applicable local legal or regulatory requirements and standards. The individual would be part of a wider Financial Crime Compliance team and will be required to provide regional support to the various country MLROs in ensuring that Global and Regional FCC standards are appropriately implemented.
- Advisory and Regional Support
- Provide Compliance advice to the PB business and supporting functions on Client Identification matters pertaining to new rules, regulations and initiatives including the necessary impact assessments;
- Provide regional advisory support and ensure applicable global and regional standards are appropriately implemented locally;
- Ensure any emerging trends or relevant control issues from the country is escalated to Regional FCC Management;
- Client Identification
- Provide CID Compliance approvals for all Client Identification matters, including ensuring all account approval satisfied the required standards;
- Regulatory Developments, Policies and Procedures
- To keep abreast of the regulatory developments and to provide the relevant updates to the stakeholders
- To update the relevant policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the new regulatory requirements;
- Represent CID on the various Change-The-Bank or Run-the-Bank projects as needed;
- Identify, coordinate, undertake or lead projects as needed to improve process and application of FCC’s policies and procedures, including the necessary technology, process and controls enhancements;
- Work with the Quality Assurance Team to ensure the FCC Program, controls and processes are in line with expected standards of the FCC Program;
- To prepare and conduct the training on Client Identification;
- Any other tasks assigned by the manager or department head.
- Bachelor of Law / Accounting / Business / Economics / Finance and related academic qualification;
- At least 5 years of relevant AML/KYC experience within Private/Wealth Management Bank;
- Strong understanding of AML/CFT regulations and requirements in Asia-Pacific countries, notably Singapore, Hong Kong and international AML standards (FATF, Wolfsberg).
- Pro-active and self-starter, with a can-do attitude
- Strong analytical ability, and a problem solver with the ability to think out of the box;
- Ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with key internal clients including business, client onboarding, operations and other general counsel colleagues etc.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Experience in dealing with the regulators and auditors would be preferable
Work Location: Changi Business Park
Salary Range: $5,000 - $7,000 Per Month