Overview of the Financial Crime Compliance (“FCC”)
The Financial Crime Compliance (“FCC”) function is responsible for governance, oversight and execution of Credit Suisse’s Anti-Money Laundering (AML) program including Sanctions and Anti-Bribery and Corruption. FCC also advises the business on the appropriate standards for compliance with the applicable AML/CFT laws, rules and regulations; develops and/or assists in the development of appropriate policies and procedures, including those designed to assist the business units to know their clients and conduct appropriate due diligence and to prevent, detect and report potentially suspicious activity.
The role will focus on the APAC Private and Investment Banking businesses. The Know Your Customer (KYC) Advisory team is focused on the KYC obligations within APAC. Specifically, the team is responsible for setting KYC policy and Standards and implementing KYC control changes and enhancements in consultation with Global FCC, Country AML Advisory and respective business unit stakeholders.
- Coordinates and supports critical aspects of the Bank’s Know Your Customer (KYC) Program across the enterprise while promoting consistency across business lines and regions.
- Assist in advising key stakeholders of KYC regulatory and policy requirements and suggest enhancement of KYC controls in response to regulatory and policy changes.
- Assist in managing the governance and oversight of the Firm’s Client Identification Policy (CID), including the Firm’s Global CDD Minimum Standards.
- Coordinate with APAC FCC Execution to make enhancements/updates to the Global policies and Global CDD Minimum Standards.
- Advise Compliance Operations on the implementation of the CDD Standards.
- Responsible for the periodic review of the enhancement of KYC Controls to ensure the program is kept relevant and up-to-date to mitigate the evolving AML risks.
- Represent the Firm with respect to KYC controls in internal, external, and regulatory audits and examinations.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant AML/FCC experience and proven track record.
- Familiarity with current financial regulatory requirements, especially in the area of KYC/AML for the APAC jurisdictions would be beneficial. Solid knowledge of Singapore/Hong Kong AML/CFT laws and regulations (i.e. Notice 626 and accompanying Guidelines, CDSA, TSOFA, Info Paper on PB Controls etc.) and international AML standards (FATF, Wolfsberg) is required.
- The ability to analyze and assess new rules and regulations.
- The ability to facilitate collaborative initiatives and work effectively with colleagues across regions and business units.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Pro-active and self-starter; problem solver with ability to think out of the box.
- Able to work under pressure; able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Good communicator with effective writing and presentation skills.
- Interest in developing new technological skills.