The incumbent will join the Financial Control Group - Data Governance & Analytics team, to continuously drive the implementation of Data Governance (framework/policy/ and rules) across the bank, starting with Finance and Risk. This includes all aspects of data governance (data governance structure, data definition, data quality and data architecture).
This role requires significant engagement and collaboration with various stakeholders across the bank.
Key responsibilities include:
- Co-Lead and manage data governance activities in the bank, including driving the adoption and implementation of data governance and ensuring adherence to data governance framework and rules;
- Own, review and maintain the Data Governance documents (e.g. Data Governance Framework and related Rules documents);
- Based on defined data ownership principles, to facilitate the identification of data owners, with clear accountability and responsibilities;
- Based on established data quality principles, to provide guidance for the development and implementation of data quality controls by other teams within the bank;
- Review data quality issues escalated from business / function units and ensure consistent approach in managing data quality and integrity;
- Design the process of data quality monitoring for in-scope data fields (critical data elements);
- Set standards for bank-wide business glossary, with appropriate processes for maintenance and control;
- Collaborate with Technology on Data Architecture to achieve data flow optimisation, data standardisation and consistency;
- Provide regular updates to senior management via the Data Governance Steering Committee;
- To support from data governance perspective the on-going regulatory project of revised MAS 610 notice implementation;
- To support planned Finance projects in the pipeline e.g. Enterprise Data Management.
- University Degree in Finance or Business related with minimum 12 - 15 years’ experience in banking and finance covering regulatory / financial / management reporting, and/or in risk and control functions
- Proven experience in banking industry is a must, preferably in the finance data management, financial information management, regulatory reporting or finance audit function.
- Has hands-on experience in rollout of company-wide data quality program
- Involved in execution and rollout of metadata program, data management program (an example would be business glossary etc.)
- Operational setup for data owners and data stewards program
- Project management experience is a strong plus
- Good communication skills
- Ability to manage stakeholders at different levels and functions
- Ability to stay pro-active and resilient especially during time where there is changing landscape and requirements