KYC Review and Approval
- Provide Compliance approvals across all risk levels for all accounts being on-boarded which include but are not limited to AML, KYC, FATCA, CRS, PEP, etc.
- Ensure all accounts approved satisfy the required standards in relation to Financial Crime Compliance and other regulatory requirements e.g. Source of wealth, corroboration, source of funds, Tax Reason-to-Know plausibility checks, etc
- Ensure that high risk issues are adequately addressed and sufficiently mitigated as part of the High Risk approval process. Where required, ensure necessary escalations to specialist desks have been done.
Challenges in this role:
- Steep learning curve
- Managing expectations of challenging stakeholders
- Perform subjective compliance officer’s judgement in assessing plausibility of client’s KYC profile
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 4 years of relevant AML/KYC experience within Private Banking
- Strong understanding of AML/CFT regulations and requirements in Asia-Pacific countries, notably Singapore, Hong Kong and international AML standards (FATF, Wolfsberg)
- Good command of English. Proficiency in other languages welcome
- Tertiary level education
- Post graduate diploma qualification in AML/KYC Compliance
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of products – Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, etc.
Salary Range: $5,000 - $7,300 Per Month