- Perform trade document checking and processing/authorization of trade finance transactions, validation on daily transactions, ensure transactions conform with LC terms, approved facility conditions, trade commodity finance global policies/ guidelines, promptly report any deviations, prepare excess approval forms and ensure all transactions adhere to AML requirements.
- Liaise with internal department, customers for cash collateral movement/top up, monitor transaction flow including update of spreadsheet used to monitor client’s collateral, follow up of master LC, export proceeds, tracking goods movement, collateral value to ensure smooth turnaround of transaction.
- Perform periodic reporting to MAS and HK Head Office on Management information.
- Perform daily transactions in the absence of junior team members.
- Perform month end reporting.
- Prepare and participate in UAT activities for system implementation / enhancement / migration activities.
- Deputize Team Head’s duties in her absence.
- Back-up Middle Office function in the absence of AVP, Middle Office.
- Perform any tasks / duties as assigned by Department Head / Management from time to time.
- Maintain effective control on all areas related to the trade finance operations, ensure all matters are in compliance with internal policies/guidelines and external regulatory requirements.
- Ensure all Import / Export documents are in compliance with UCP600, ISBP, ISP, URDG, URC, URR etc.
- Protect the bank from any fraud or inconsistencies, AML or terrorist financing through stringent checking of trade documents and ensure that compliance / sanction check is done prior to processing of transactions.
- University or polytechnic graduate in Banking, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related disciplines.
- Minimum 12 years’ experience in trade bills operations, preferably with exposure to structured commodity trade finance operations.
- Preferably a CDCS holder.
- Hands-on experience in trade finance operations and SWIFT.
- Understanding of the structured trade and commodity finance and the relevant control in collateral management would be an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of IMEX & Core Banking Systems is preferred.
- Well aware of MAS AML guidelines and other regulatory requirements.
- Strong knowledge in International Trade Finance rules/guidelines such as UCP, ISBP, ISP, URDG, URC, URR etc.
Salary: $7,000 Per Month