The Wealth Management (WM) AML Investigator will be located in Singapore and report to Head WM AML Investigations. Depending on the experience of the candidate, some or all of the following responsibilities will be assigned:
- Perform AML monitoring of assigned businesses or jurisdictions.
- Perform AML monitoring and FCO-related case handling of assigned businesses in accordance with the framework
- Perform or support autonomous reviews and investigations.
- Coordinate and/or prepare the required management information reporting data for local, regional or global submission as applicable.
- Participate in FCO-related technical and project work and user-acceptance tests.
- Review and investigate system-generated cases within the mandated timeframe.
- Review and analyse daily AML/CTF cases to address transactions that contravene the banks/regulatory policies.
- Ensure that review and investigation conclusions are adequately and properly documented for regulatory/audit level review.
- Conduct internet and external database searches to ensure no adverse information is noted on the client/parties.
- Ensure the risk coverage for the bank from an AML/CTF perspective.
- Ensure that potential areas of risk (financial, reputational and regulatory) are investigated, identified and escalated to the relevant teams within FCO and/or Country AFC Officer
- Ensure that cases are investigated and closed/escalated within the mandated time frame.
- Handle complex and confidential cases, seeking guidance from manager and other colleagues when required.
- Identify current transaction typologies and keep abreast of emerging ones and apply said typologies to the working of the cases.
- Liaise with Financial Crime Analytics & Intelligence (FCA&I) team and provide support and assistance to Local AFC Officer with respect to the requirement that the internal systems parameters are reviewed at least annually.
- Sound technical AML, KYC, investigations knowledge and skills, with demonstrated hands-on experience
- A background in a Financial Investigation Unit or Financial Crime Investigations with broad knowledge of AML or other investigations
- Familiarity with diverse banking products across business lines specifically Wealth Management and experience in working on AML monitoring and case management systems.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills
- Attention to detail and efficient
- Be the subject expert in AML/CTF typologies/trends
- Ability to Review Evidential Case Files using knowledge of Legislation
- Strong analytical skills with an investigative mindset
- Strong attention to detail
- Internet expertise on identifying negative news and ability to search and find information
- The ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines with no loss of accuracy
- An understanding of the legal and compliance issues of complex banking organisations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work well within a team
- A professional business attitude in the workplace
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Proactive and able to take initiative
- At least 3 years’ relevant WM/financial crime investigation experience
- Must be able to handle stressful situations while maintaining a professional approach to problem solving
Salary: $8,000 Per Month