- Ensure that the Branch is compliant with its various compliance obligations (include but not limited to Corporate Banking, Financial Institution, Trade Finance, Private Banking businesses) through the implementation and/or updating of compliance related policies and procedures based on Head Office and local regulatory authorities’ requirements.
- Promote a strong and effective compliance culture and risk awareness within the Branch, maintain good relationship with the relevant regulators where applicable.
- Assist the Head of Compliance to provide training, recommend appropriate solutions and provide regulatory compliance advice to the management, business units and support functions for new regulations, new business development, new product approval, current business dealings and licensing related requirements of the Branch.
- Keep track of changes in local laws, regulations and requirements and update management and relevant departments on the regulatory changes.
- Investigate customer complaints, perform ad hoc investigations, prepare and submit regular and ad hoc regulatory reports to the local authorities and/or Head Office.
- Develop and perform periodic compliance quality assurance/ suitability/ surveillance reviews (both AML and regulatory compliance related).
- Assist other compliance officers in discharging any duties of the Compliance Department, as needed due to their absence and/or the press of business.
- A degree holder with at least 5 years of regulatory compliance experience in banks and/or CPA firms (Big 4), preferably in private banking/corporate banking
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good analytical and problem solving ability
- Able to work independently and set priorities
- Good team player
Salary Range: $6,000 - $6,600 Per Month