Overview of business area:
- The team is the 1st line risk management team within PB (Private Banking) APAC Products within PB APAC business.
- The team provides risk/governance advices and support to the PB APAC Products businesses, that include all funds, Capital Markets products (FX, Equities, Fixed Income, Derivatives, Structured products, etc.), mandates, wealth planning services and so forth.
- Provides risk advices and support to PB APAC Products businesses and COO at the regional level, in various business activities, regulation implementation, incident/issue investigations, processes and controls.
- As the risk advisor to the product business & business heads, partner with the business, COO and key business partners cross 3 lines of defense to ensure timely and thoroughly management of the issues, risks and required actions identified.
- Seek to ensure risk mitigating action is adequately addressing the risk, not just the symptoms or actions alone.
- Identify and assess key operational and business risks across the PB APAC Products and where required, recommend creative solutions to oversee, mitigate and monitor these identified key risks.
- Drive, manage/ coordinate risk topics implementation in PB Products.
- Ad hoc / special projects and implementation of all business risk related tasks / projects.
Overview of the team:
- In total of 5 team members including the team head, currently 2 based in HK and 3 based in SG.
- The primary professional background of the team members are PB or WM COO, Compliance and Consultant.
- A team with strong team work spirit and culture.
Challenges of the role:
- Know the regulatory requirement well
- Be able to provide feasible/balanced risk advices to the business
- Multi-tasking and be able to prioritise well
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in a sizable financial institution.
- Preferable to have more than 5 years of experience working in a private banking first line risk and control units, internal audit, compliance functions, or relevant fields.
- Proficient in regulations in the APAC region is expected (SG’s or/and HK’s in particular).
- Dedicated individual with the attitude to build and maintain positive working relationships with all management and personnel.
- Independent discernment with good analytical and risk assessment skills.
- Comprehend risk / control concepts quickly.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficient in APAC private banking risks environment and controls would be an asset.
- Good investment product knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively through presentation and individual discussions with all levels and can prepare reports.
- Project management skills and can balance multiple priorities.
- Reasonable Microsoft Word, Excel and Power-Point skills further to having strong analytical problem solving skills.
Salary Range: $10,000 - $12,000 Per Month