Overview of business area:
Group Operations carries out high quality and efficient banking services to clients across the business divisions ensuring the excellent execution of millions of transactions on a daily basis. The role is in the Balance Sheet Control team, which is a legal entity-facing service provider to Securities Settlements, Cash Settlements and Custody Services functions and their regional leads providing risk & control governance, balance sheet control and independent control testing.
The individual will be responsible for comprehensive mapping of key controls for Operations, document them in standard control templates and perform detailed testing. The individual will also prepare process flows for existing and new controls to help identify efficiency opportunities.
- Understand the front to back processes in discussion with functional teams and map the key controls for each function
- Partner with functions to document the controls and design the testing plans
- Perform the control testing per the defined schedule. Provide timely updates on status to relevant stakeholders
- Review all existing controls in line with the bank’s control guidelines. Identify gaps and remediate them either via better documentation, test plans or other aspects of control set up
- Develop detailed process maps and documentation to detail the process, the systems and identify opportunities for efficiency or standardization
- Perform review of controls in partnership with other risk teams and Finance
- Develop standard and detailed procedure documentation on all aspects of control testing
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Banking Operations experience in a financial services environment. Specifically in Securities, FX, OTC or Asset Servicing functions.
- Knowledge of Operational risk & control and the risk metrics leveraged for risk management
- Knowledge of Control testing frameworks like SOX or similar in Banking Operations environment
- Experience in process flow mapping and documentation
- Good communication skills - written, verbal communication and presentation, and ability to influence
- Time management – ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work under pressure. Organized and articulate, attention to detail
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Exposure in either one of Securities Settlements, FX, OTC Settlements, Asset Servicing.
- Meticulous attention to detail. Demonstrate analytical and conceptual skills.
- Proficient with using MS Excel, Visio, Word and PowerPoint
- An enthusiastic teammate with the dedication to deliver high quality work within tight deadlines.
- Results-oriented, self-starter with an ability to work independently.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and propose improvements to the daily activities.
Salary Range: $10,000 - $11,000 Per Month