Overview of Team
The team is responsible for settlement of cash security products in the Singapore and Japan market for the Bank’s global entities. The team supports equities, fixed income and treasury trading desks for the Singapore market, and is responsible for pre-matching trades, resolving trade exceptions, confirming settlement in a timely manner, reconciliation of accounts and handling internal and external client enquiries that includes custody banks, brokers, clients, Sales & Trading, Trade Support, Middle Office, Information Technology, and other Operations teams across the Bank. Where required, the team works closely with the Local Exchange SGX and Regulators (eg. MAS).
- Pre-matching equity, fixed income and money market transactions in the Singapore market
- Fails Management – including chasing fails with c/party, narrating s/pad & fail coding.
- Timely settlement of security and cash transactions on settlement date
- Reconciliation of security and cash accounts
- Providing operational support to trading desks and Front Office and to internal and external clients
- Understanding and applying market rules, deadlines and characteristics
- Working in a controlled environment
- Identifying cost saving opportunities in operations processes and process improvement opportunities in daily processes
- Working with management team to comply to all market regulations and provide support for regulatory requests when required
Challenges Faced in the Role
The team works on tasks aligned to the securities’ markets business hours and timelines.
The allocated tasks might be time-sensitive, requiring astute time-management and prompt reactions when required.
Essential Skills & Qualification
- Experience in a back office/operations environment in the banking industry
- Strong understanding of financial markets and mechanics of equity and fixed income instruments; experience handling on exchange transactions would be beneficial
- Ability to plan, organize and set priorities to enable the effective management and delivery of tasks within set timeframes
- Possess good numerical and analytical skills and a positive can-do attitude, combined with strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively across all levels
- Attention to detail and logical and pragmatic approach to problem resolution
- Strong understanding of operational risk and control and ability to both implement and manage a control framework
- Firm understanding of basic accounting principles
- To support, manage and deliver on a timely basis change initiatives, control enhancements and new business development
Salary Range: $4,500 - $5,000 Per Month