Overview of business area or project:
Private Banking Client Onboarding Services (COBS) team in APAC Business Processing Services (BPS) is a one stop shop that supports Front Office with the relationship onboarding process. This role will be focused on supporting Private Bank Relationship Managers with activities and services for the Client Onboarding process.
This role will be focused on supporting Private Bank Relationship Managers (RMs) with activities and services for the Client Onboarding process. Scope of the role includes Client Due Diligence (CDD) process including but not limited to Client Profiling, Source-of-Wealth (SoW), Client Documentation, Background Screening, Identification of risks factors such as Sanctions, Tax, PEP, Reputational and Sustainability Risk. Role requires working closely with Front Office and provide them guidance CDD requirements.
- Act as Case Manager and have full ownership to follow through new account opening requests, liaising with Front Office, Compliance and Operations teams.
- Provide end to end guidance to the RMs on KYC requirements for their prospects / clients based on Bank’s policy and guidelines.
- Shall ensure that your KYC / SoW knowledge is up-to-date and in alignment with bank’s policies, procedures as well as regulatory requirements and provide guidance and support to front office on corroboration as well as plausibility.
- Shall escalate timely high risk matters or regulatory questions to the concerned Compliance team within the bank.
- Keep up-to-date knowledge about the latest KYC regulations including but not limited to MAS, HKMA, FATF and Wolfsburg Standards.
- Take ownership of relevant KYC procedures of the bank and ensure that they are updated on a timely basis.
- Participate in change-the-bank activities & projects in line with the Private Bank’s strategic objectives and vision.
- Expected to deliver continuous process improvements by striking a right balance between controls and efficiencies in view of the changing operating and regulatory environment.
- Responsible for document retention prior to the upload into the Bank's repository and related administrative tasks required to meet Credit-Suisse onboarding requirements.
- Work collaboratively with all actors in the on-boarding process and maintain very good relationships with the Front Office as well as Compliance colleagues.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- You possess at least 2-3 years of relevant experience in KYC/CDD documentation experience in Private Banking/ Wealth Management
- You come with a reasonable understanding KYC requirements in Asia (MAS, HKMA requirements)
- You have acquired relevant academic qualifications: University Graduate with Bachelor of Law/ Accounting/ Finance / Business/ Economics
- You have pro-active and a self-starter, with a can-do attitude
- You exhibit strong analytical ability and problem solver who can think out of the box
- You are a team player who is committed to service delivery excellence and always has the bank and clients' best interests in mind
- You demonstrate the capability to build and maintain productive relationships at all level with key internal clients including business, operations and colleagues in Compliance and Regulatory Affairs
- You have good written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- You possess the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- You are competent in using MS Office applications including but not limited to MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
Salary: $8,600 Per Month