The role in be in a team which is a service provider to Private Banking Clients and Investment Banking businesses providing payments related services, risk & control governance and independent control testing on payment processing.
- To promote efficiency and independence in our front to back process flows by focusing on timely and accurate handling of client instruction validation, and professional and friendly client callbacks, related to areas including:
- Ad-hoc Outgoing and/or Incoming Funds Transfers
- To be conversant and compliant at all times with relevant statutory, head office, local directives and regulations in force.
- To manage all incoming Front Office issues/escalations related to day to day instruction handling in a timely, accurate and customer friendly manner.
- To facilitate process change and continuous improvements within above-mentioned areas, by addressing issues and participating in projects and initiatives to enhance efficiency either within or outside the team.
- Understand and ensure adherence to the pre-requisites of controls on all client instructions including signature verification, internal approval and control requirements are met
- Perform front to back processing of incoming and outgoing payments instructions for PB APAC
- Liaise with operations, counterparties, custodians and brokers whenever necessary to resolve any discrepancies or issues
- Liaise with internal stakeholders (front office, local COOs etc.) whenever necessary to resolve any discrepancies or issues
- Manage exception requests for high value transactions and/or ultra-high net worth clients
- Report or escalate irregularities or issues which may cause potential breach in controls or deviations from standard processes promptly to team leader and line manager
Experience and Skills Required
- Minimum 3 years' of relevant experience in a financial services environment, specifically in Payments related functions within Private / Investment Banking space.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate, deliver and drive change, with relevant quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Competency in process review and analysis abilities
- Effective personal impact / authoritative presence. Strong communication skills - written, verbal communication and presentation, and ability to influence
- Time management – ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work under pressure. Organized and articulate, attention to detail
- Exceptional management, teamwork, interpersonal, influencing and conflict resolution skills. Establish and cultivate strong working relationships across departments/ cross-functional and cross-geographical partners
- Good command of Mandarin and/or Cantonese to handle clients in the respective markets
- Acceptable to shift hours and overtime
Salary Range: $5,000 - $7,000 Per Month