Overview of business area or project:
Group Operations carries out high quality and efficient banking services to clients across the business divisions ensuring the excellent execution of millions of transactions on a daily basis. The role is in the Client Instructions Management – Payment Services, which is a service provider to Private Banking Clients and Investment Banking businesses providing payments related services, risk & control governance and independent control testing on payment processing.
We are working on an initiative to understand and address inefficiencies and risk driven by process, people or technology in the payment processes. The individual will be responsible for reviewing the current process for payments services, understand workflow, analyzing and work with the relevant stakeholders on centralization model. The individual will also write Business requirement documents, work flow, framework and execute test strategy and post implementation checks.
- Program / Project Governance, Planning and Management
- Business Analysis – Review the process F2B, exceptions to understand root cause
- Roadmap Planning and Book of Work Prioritization
- Solution Analysis – Work with relevant IT, Finance & Ops colleagues to arrive at potential solutions.
- Business Requirement Documents – Write BRD’s which are in line with the project requirements
- Test Management and Support – Build & execute the test plans
- Post Implementation Support
- Explore other manual processes & drive efficiencies where applicable
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Relevant change and project/ program management experience in a financial services environment. Specifically in Payments related functions.
- Proven track record in driving and implementing systems, process and people change
- Experience in writing & leading Business Requirement Documents, Test plans and post production IT check-outs.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate, deliver and drive change, with relevant quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Competency in process review and analysis abilities
- Effective personal impact / authoritative presence. Strong communication skills - written, verbal communication and presentation, and ability to influence
- Time management – ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work under pressure. Organized and articulate, attention to detail
- Exceptional management, teamwork, interpersonal, influencing and conflict resolution skills. Establish and cultivate strong working relationships across departments/ cross-functional and cross geographical partners
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Equivalent work of at least 5+ years in Financial Services industry experience, some of which should include business analyst or project management
- Knowledge in Credit Suisse ONE T24 system will be preferable
- Exposure in either one of Payments Services, FX, Cash Settlements, Reconciliation or Swift related knowledge
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proficient with MS Office and demonstrate proficient analytical and conceptual skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across multiple functions and levels
- Outstanding communication skills. Able to present to senior audience
- Ability to communicate with all levels of business partners in a clear and concise manner and convey complex information as clearly and effectively as possible
- An enthusiastic teammate with the dedication to deliver high quality work within tight deadlines
- Results-oriented, self-starter with an ability to work independently
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and propose improvements to the daily activities