Transaction Clearing Officer is a member of the Support and Control Group within the Japanese and Korean Corporate Banking Department, Asia Pacific Division acting as first line of defence in AML/CFT/CDD by supporting transactional monitoring and due diligence at transactional level.
Main job functions / responsibilities include:
- Assessment of alerts on both pre & post transactions (remittances/ trade-related/ GIRO etc.)
- Obtain relevant supporting documents to vet through them and identify potential points of concern
- Conduct searches on relevant parties noted in the transactions
- Prepare checklists for legal and compliance approval, highlighting any key risk areas for attention
- Work in close liaison with corporate customers, operation teams, relationship managers and compliance teams to ensure flagged transactions adhere to regulatory requirements.
- Contact with corporate customers to obtain confirmation and relevant supporting documents
- Provide advice to RMs with regards to AML/ CFT/ CDD procedures (new deals, risk mitigating measures for high risk customers etc.)
- Collaborate with operations and compliance teams to ensure a smooth end-to-end internal process
- Diploma / Degree
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Understanding of AML / CFT framework