This is a key role in Human Resource operations function at a Bank. Primary responsibility is to support the payroll functionality of the in-house payroll team, supporting the multi-country payroll processing of employees in Singapore using the ADP/SAP payroll system. This position carries out all administrative tasks associated with a busy payroll office taking into account legal and internal requirements.
- Process monthly payroll including preparation of paperwork and data entry for all New Hires, Leavers and employee life cycle changes
- Preparation of all manual payments outside the normal pay run for post pay payments i.e. tax and manual termination pays
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of payroll clearing accounts and general ledger related activities for submission to risk management.
- Assist in documentation of all key payroll related procedures with periodic reviews to ensure internal and regulatory requirements are maintained
- Adhere to payroll governance process and perform 4-eye checks (based on segregation on duties across the different team members)
- Assist payroll manager, supporting the team for payroll processing activities as required
- Excellent customer service in answering all payroll queries through the shared payroll inbox and phone
- Working knowledge of all legislation requirements for Singapore
- Strong knowledge in monthly &/ year end tax and tax clearance processes
- Work on process improvements by looking at alignment across payroll locations/ countries and proposing on best practices within payroll processing
- Minimum of 3 years experience in payroll or finance related environment.
- Working knowledge of SAP Payroll or other payroll systems and Workday
- Excellent team player
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively at all levels both face to face and via telephone and email
- Excellent organisation/prioritisation skills
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task, work well under pressure
- Anticipate needs; demonstrate initiative and proactiveness
- Ability to work and use discretion with confidential information
- Ability to work on own initiative without supervision
- Proficient in Word, intermediate Excel Knowledge
- Experience in processing Singapore payroll in-house and income tax submission
- Strong knowledge of tax laws and legislation
- Previous experience in new entities payroll implementation process is an added advantage