Assist the Head of Financial Management Department (“FMD”) in the preparation of periodic financial reports to Head Office, regulators and local management, as well as maintain the bank reconciliation, payment control and tax reporting function.
- Prepare all financial reports (including Private Banking related reports) for timely submission to Head Office in accordance to Group’s policies and procedures and ensure adherence to International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Prepare and submit regulatory reports (including Private Banking returns) on time to regulators in accordance to the relevant rules and regulations in order to ensure compliance with statutory and regulators’ requirements.
- Prepare MIS reports to local management and local business unit heads to facilitate prompt tracking of performance against KPIs and business decision making.
- Prepare accounting entries, adjustment vouchers and conduct entry posting to maintain accurate accounting records.
- Liaise and follow up with relevant departments for timely resolution of unreconciled differences against the general ledger and ensure proper maintenance and reconciliation of general ledger and subsidiary ledger accounts.
- Perform daily bank reconciliation of nostro balances against the general ledger to ensure all fund transfer movements are properly accounted and any discrepancies are promptly resolved.
- Process payments to staff and/or suppliers in accordance to the Operating Expenses Approval Guidelines in order to ensure that all payment requisitions are properly authorized and are paid in a timely manner.
- Prepare tax returns (including but not limited to the quarterly GST returns) for timely submission to the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore in accordance to local tax rules and regulations in order to ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in performing user acceptance tests for implementation of new systems / system enhancements.
- Assist to develop and maintain policies & manuals relating to the financial management functions.
- Back up the duties of other colleagues within the department, as assigned by the Head of FMD, in order to ensure smooth running of daily processes during staff leave absences.
- Support frontline and adhere to anti-money laundering / counter terrorist financing requirement and sanction risks controls in accordance with regulatory standards and CNCBI policies.
- Degree Holder in Finance or Accounting or related discipline.
- At least 2 years of experience in financial accounting in the banking industry.
- Preferably with knowledge of Private Banking products and reporting experience related to the Private Banking business.
Salary: $5,000 - $6,800 Per Month