Business Risk Manager, Investment Suitability
Under the leadership of the Global Wealth Management (GWM) APAC Business Risk Organization (BRO) office, the APAC Investment Suitability team will act to strengthen the control framework as well as to ensure compliance of all Singapore/Hong Kong booking platform operational activities with the respective local regulations and regulators. You will:
- Serve as a subject matter expert on regulatory requirements relating to Investment Suitability and staying current on regulations.
- Lead and drive change initiatives relating to Investment Suitability, working closely with cross-functional teams to implement new processes and procedures.
- Act as a Single Point of Contact for internal stakeholders, addressing their queries, providing guidance and offer expert insights on Investment Suitability related matters.
- Conduct design effectiveness assessment to review, identify gaps, and recommend improvements in existing controls and processes, enduring they align with best practices and industry standards.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop and implement corrective action plans to ensure the closure of audit findings and compliance issues.
- Oversee the governance process to ensure adherence to the established Investment Suitability framework.
- Conduct training for new joiners and when required (e.g. new regulation/process implemented).
- Experience in financial services is mandatory.
- Good knowledge of investment & trading products offering to Private Banking clients.
- Experience and a good understanding of Private Banking regulations and Compliance requirements.
- Excellent skills on use of Excel spreadsheets and reporting.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and actively across a range of individual and groups.
- Fluent in English is mandatory (reading, writing, and speaking).
- Experience collaborating with different stakeholders and teams, including Platform, IT, Compliance, Legal.
- Experience in managing projects and change the bank initiatives is preferable, including Target Operating Model design.
- Knowledge of the Wealth management business, products, and front-to-back process would be an advantage.
- A winning personality and a good team player with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and be proactive in all situations.
- Minimum 3-7 years of relevant working experience in financial institution.