Details of the Division and Team
The Bank is committed to combating Fraud, Bribery and Corruption and complying with applicable laws and regulations in the countries in which it conducts business. The Bank expects transparency and integrity in all of its business dealings to avoid any improper advantage or the appearance of questionable conduct by its employees and Third Parties associated with its business.
The Anti-Fraud, Bribery & Corruption (AFBC) function sits within the broader Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) and is responsible for the design, strategy, prevention and detection of fraud, bribery and corruption. The AFBC function is responsible for the continuing development of a robust global AFBC program, acting as a subject matter expert relative to fraud, bribery and corruption matters within the APAC region.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist and support the Regional Head of Anti-Fraud, Bribery and Corruption (AFBC) APAC with the implementation of AFBC programme and to drive strategic direction of the programme within APAC; and
- Act as a key point of contact and escalation for fraud, bribery and corruption matters within the APAC region, and assist and support the Regional Head of AFBC APAC with operational matters involving fraud, bribery and corruption risks.
The person filling this role will be primarily responsible for assisting with the implementation of the AFC Third Party Risk Management framework across APAC, liaising with other stakeholders from 1LoD and 2LoD within APAC and other regions. The person in this role will:
- Assist with AFBC operational matters to manage fraud, bribery and corruption risk in alignment with applicable policies and procedures within the APAC region, including but not limited to dealing with escalations in relation to third party relationships;
- Engage relevant stakeholders to ensure compliance with AFBC requirements;
- Work with key stakeholders to enhance the risk management process and drive operational feasibility and sustainability;
- Assist with preparation of management information, briefings and construct appropriate reports for presentation to senior stakeholders;
- Perform monthly quality assurance review such as on 1LoD’s assessment of third party risks and executed contracts;
- Assist in implementation of new policies, procedures and controls in order to address new legislative or regulatory requirements; and
- Assist in development and tracking of ABC related training to the Business and other control functions as requested/required.
- Business relevant university degree or comparable qualifications;
- Preferably ACAMS/ICA certified individual;
- Ideally an existing Financial Crime, Compliance or Risk professional (over 8 years prior years’ experience) with a background and good knowledge of Fraud, bribery and corruption laws and regulations;
- Preferably banking experience, good understanding of Deutsche Bank, its divisions, products and risk related processes;
- Management and/or supervisory skills and capabilities;
- Good knowledge of Fraud, Bribery and Corruption systems, controls and preventative measures, including experience in giving AFBC related advice and approvals;
- Ability to make decisions based on the identification of risks and controls;
- Able to handle and manage a number of different matters simultaneously and have strong communication skills, including the ability to manage conflict situations; and
- Ability to work effectively in a great team environment.