- Perform operations assessments of the processes for delivering regulatory reports. This covers the end to end processes for report production and data validations including rules assessment and interpretation.
- Ensure consistent standards are applied (assumptions are vetted, appropriate controls and operating model are developed, compliance gaps are known and escalated, and criteria have been established to monitor ongoing compliance).
- Drive regulatory compliance assessments for the firm. Includes partnering with teams to develop an understanding of the rules which should be followed, determining impacted areas, assessing how comprehensively rulemakings are complied, through interaction with affected stakeholders as well how effectively it is doing so (i.e. efficiently, sustainably, etc.). Escalate gaps and address remediation through ongoing stakeholder engagement.
- Support program awareness and communication. Work within the framework and execution plan for Regulatory Assessments, and partner with SMEs across the team to build out content and delivery.
- The successful individual in this role will interact with various levels of stakeholders and having a platform for influencing change.
- Degree holder with Banking, Finance or similar background
- Great knowledge of complex financial environments, controls and product areas
- Strong thought leadership and an ability to influence across all levels
- Sound understanding of COO functions is needed
- Strong communication and negotiation skills across all levels, including targeted communication and escalation to appropriate audience level
- Strong interpersonal skills across a broad set of stakeholders