- Lead the build out of the APAC CRO FRCO function, including hiring of two staff and leading on all APAC CRO FRCO related projects and topics, as directed and guided by the global CRO FRCO lead and supported by his team;
- Support of the core first-line operational risk and control processes, such as: driving the RCSA cycle; internal controls documentation, design, mapping & testing; internal operational risk incident analysis, tracking & reporting; out-sourcing supervision, etc.;
- Design, allocation, performance monitoring, analysis, support and reporting on permanent supervision controls;
- Control assurance processes;
- External incidents review read-across and analysis;
- Operational risk flags development, monitoring and reporting;
- Tracking and reporting on internal and external audit deliverables across CRO;
- Support, development and maintenance of policies and procedures;
- New Business co-ordination and reporting;
- Operational MI;
- Good citizenship programme involvement, review and monitoring and metrics;
- Design, preparation and delivery, as assigned, of presentation to management, governance bodies and others; and
- Ad hoc projects / tasks to support the Global CRO FRCO regarding controls and controls environment.
- Degree Holder with minimum 8+ years working in a professional environment (e.g. Investment Bank, Big 4 Accounting Firm).
- Internal control focused experience in one or more of the following areas: operational risk management, external or internal audit, regulatory compliance, trading controls, financial reporting or product control.
- Demonstrable experience in one or more of the following: development or maintenance of risk management control frameworks; change programmes; performance of internal controls reviews / audits; governance and policy frameworks; audit findings management (including action plan writing, tracking, issue closure and validation).
- A good understanding of Investment Banking and Financial Services markets, with focused understanding of broader Risk function. Specific experience / knowledge of Asia-Pacific is useful but not necessary.
- Familiarity and experience of the regulatory landscape and the changes impacting Foreign Banking Organizations would be useful.
- As this is a new role, the candidate should be a highly disciplined individual, self-motivated, delivery focused with the ability to work independently and multi-task. They should have the capability to balance strategic objectives with the need to make interim tactical choices in order to sustain progress. They must be able to rapidly grasp, apply and explain detailed technical concepts. They will be required to produce high quality work, under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- As the candidate will be dealing with both junior and senior members of the firm on a regular basis, he or she will need to have a professional manner with good interpersonal and communication skills, able to build relationships with a diverse group of both technical and non-technical resources.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word and PowerPoint are compulsory.
- The candidate should have excellent English oral and written skills, including excellent presentation skills.
Salary: $19,000 Per Month