Head of Compliance - Private Banking
- Report directly to the Chief Operations Officer and the Head of Private Banking Department.
- Oversee AML, CFT, transactions monitoring and sanctions checks.
- Work with business and give advices on AML, CFT and sanctions issues.
- Conduct reviews to compliance with all MAS requirements and changes.
- Responsible for flagging out any matter that may involve litigation to the attention of management in a timely manner and participate where required in any resultant work/courses of action so as to minimize the risks to reputation or other penalties
- Review operating and marketing instructions and provide advices relating to compliance issues.
- Ensure marketing materials and client document are all up to standard as per current regulations.
- Liaise with regulatory bodies on compliance issues such as regulatory examinations, licensing, registrations, etc.
- Provide feedback to management on new regulatory issues and how the business may be impacted
- Conduct Compliance training / briefing to impart knowledge and to instil a culture for better appreciation of Compliance
- Build and promote a strong compliance culture within the Private Banking business, and conduct compliance training in view of both local and global compliance standards.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- University Degree in Accounting, Banking, Business Admin, Law or Risks related discipline.
- 5 - 8 years of compliance experience in private bank, wealth management business or related field.
- Have experience in the setting up of private banking compliance policies and procedure.
- Proficient in both Chinese and English language, written and oral. To support Chinese and Taiwanese clients.
- Sound knowledge of the Singapore regulatory space with experience and confidence to deal with regulators.
- Good understanding of private banking products and family trust products is also an added advantage
- Excellent team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills to work well with all counterparts.