Main responsibility is to cover Chinese desk.
You need to provide advisory work to Chinese corporate banking, retail banking and treasury department.
Detailed work include:
- Review treasury related documentation & provide legal advisory services for treasury department
- Review syndication loan documentation drafted by external counsel, contribute actively in negotiating with the borrowers in collaboration with corporate banking department.
- Review and revise Bank's corporate loans documents, standard banking facilities terms revise & improve the same from time to time.
- Review, revise product terms and conditions, documents, agreements where bank is a party.
- Coordinate & be responsible for reporting requests or information requisition from head office.
- Work together with the existing team to prepare legal bulletin.
- Provide advice on the legal impact of any new or change to laws and regulations.
- Advise the bank on legal risks.
- Provide legal training to raise legal awareness as and when required.
- Any other matters as may be instructed by management from time to time.
- Law degree holder with at least 5-7 years' bank working experience.
- Ideally admitted to any bar.
- Effectively bilingual in English and Mandarin for handling Chinese speaking clients and documentations.
- Lawyers seeking in-house role are encouraged to apply