Overview of Business Area:
The team is responsible for settlement of cash security products in the Japanese market. It supports equities, fixed income and treasury trading desks for the Japan market, and is responsible for prematching trades, resolving trade exceptions, confirming settlement in a timely manner, reconciliation of accounts and handling internal and external client enquiries that includes custody banks, brokers, clients, Sales & Trading, Trade Support, Middle Office, Information Technology, and other Operations teams across the Bank. Where required, the team works closely with the Local Exchange JASDEQ and Regulators. The team is based in Singapore.
- Trade pre-matching including communication with counterparties, custodians, clients and internal teams to resolve trade mismatches
- Fail management
- Depot shortfall position management.
- Settlement or payment instruction release
- Client statement/confirmation creation and release
- Reconciliation of depot and nostro accounts including timely investigation and resolution of breaks and narration
- Position reconciliation between Front and Settlement systems
- Client Asset/Fund Segregation to meet the local regulatory requirements
Skills & Qualifications:
The right candidate will possess good numerical and analytical skills and a positive can do attitude, combined with strong attention to detail. The right candidate will have a good command of English, Japanese (above JLPT Level 2 is preferred) with strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively across all levels.
- Excellent team player; mature, professional and flexible attitude toward the changes and work environment.
- Fast and self-learner. Be able to proactively self-investigate the unknown.
- Be able to manage the multiple tasks and handle the time pressure.
- Be able to retain high motivation to learn the new. And welcome the challenges.
- Basic MS skill is a must, especially MS Excel.
- Japanese language skill (above JLPT Level 2) is preferred
- Experience in Banking Operations for Equities or Fixed Income in a trade support or settlements capacity would be beneficial but is not necessary
- Strong understanding of operational risk and control and ability to both implement and manage a control framework
- Firm understanding of basic accounting principles
- To support, manage and deliver on a timely basis change initiatives, control enhancements and new business development
Salary Range: $4,500 - $4,850 Per Month