The candidate will be working under the Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) department, with huge focus on Anti-Money Laundering / Know Your Client (KYC) work, supporting Corporate Banking and Investment Banking KYC reviews and escalations to AFC.
- Review and approval of APAC AFC escalations for client’s KYC file in an efficient and timely manner
- Reviews include but not limited to KYC periodic/event-driven reviews and new client adoptions
- Providing guidance on all KYC issues escalated to AFC
- Identifying, investigating and escalating AFC Policy breaches
- Collaborating and liaising with other AFC functions for KYC case approval, particularly related to sanctions and AFBC approval.
- Supports regional initiatives to effectively implementation of all relevant AML/CTF policies, procedures, systems and controls
- Assist AFCO on Name List Screening -Alert reviews
- Assist the region on the tracking and following-up on the conditions that have been imposed as part of the KYC approval.
- Obtaining relevant MIS from the business or appropriate parties on status of regular reviews.
- Collaboration with the relevant Business stakeholders, Client Lifecycle Management and other AFC functions
- At least 3 years’ experience in AFC or a related AML control function within an international organization/bank in the Financial Services industry with extensive experience with the KYC review process
- A strong track record in risk and regulatory knowledge, preferably:
- - Strong understanding of AML risks and typologies in order to identify areas or instances of potential money laundering/ terrorist financing risks and to address them appropriately
- - Experience of relevant country AML regulations/laws preferred
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills with the confidence to engage and advise professionally and persuasively with stakeholders
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mindset paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Able to raise sensitive or potentially contentious issues in a constructive manner to reach appropriate solutions
- Deadline driven with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle time-sensitive projects while focusing on the quality of work delivered
- Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership of assignments, thrives in a teamwork-oriented environment, and works well under pressure.