Overview of Business Area or Project:
This is a Singapore based role with responsibilities and oversight for Product Control Analytical functions performed in Asia.
Product Control Analytical (PCA) sits within Product Control. The responsibility of PCA is to ensure complete, accurate and timely P&L and Balance Sheets by executing on the Daily, Monthly and Quarterly analytical aspects of Product Control's primary role as the financial guardians of the Bank's sales and trading activities.
PCA are responsible for ensuring complete, accurate and timely P&L and Balance Sheets by reconciling daily Front Office produced US GAAP P&L to the Firm’s Books & Records and executing on the Daily, Monthly and Quarterly analytical aspects of Product Control's primary role as the financial guardians of the Bank's sales and trading activities. PCA provide 5 core Product Control services:
1) Front office P&L reconciliation to Books & Records
2) Act as the primary Front-To-Back PC relationship managers
3) Perform analytical reviews of the Trading P&L and Balance Sheets
4) Valuation Governance and Accounting Consultation
5) Perform analytical reviews of New Business P&L and trade bookings
PCA need to understand significant P&L items including:
- Production Issues, Red Flags, Significant & Aged Adjustments, Exceptions breaching pre-determined thresholds, Unauthorized Trading and Cancel and Correct Escalation.
- PCA need to understand the handoff processes received from Independent Price verification team to ensure independent price verification and other valuation matters are taken into consideration
Specific to this role:
- Primarily focus on FX and macro hedging business traded in APAC.
- Working closely with Pune PCA team from Singapore as well as monitor and understand their metric.
- Review and approve Pre-Trades request
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Work experience of 8-10+ years in Financial industry
- Good understanding of financial products and core Product Control processes
- Must be highly attentive to risk and the importance of a strong control environment and show a high attention to detail in all aspects of their work
- Require highly developed analytic, interpersonal and communication skills to enable them to develop relationships with their key clients and to understand and address their issues
Salary: $14K per Month