The role is to provide support on KYCs for onboarding of new clients and conduct periodic KYC reviews for existing clients. Main responsibilities for this role include conducting screenings, reviewing KYC related documents provided by clients (for both new onboarding and periodic review), conduct thorough risk assessments and reviewing of daily AML alerts (if any) in addition to other ad hoc duties/ projects from time to time.
- Perform preliminary due diligence checks for deal teams for new potential deals.
- Engage in discussions with deal teams to understand and help to troubleshoot on issues that may arise during the document procurement process.
- Drawing up ownership structures, transaction structures and funds flow structures from documents provided by clients.
- Review and ensure documents collected for KYCs are complete and properly certified in accordance with regulatory and internal requirements.
- Perform various due diligence checks on clients on external and internal platforms and databases.
- In addition to providing adequate mitigations and thorough risk assessments, ensure accurate data inputs on eKYC and conduct independent validation on documents provided by clients.
- Raise exceptional handling memos where required. Conduct risk assessments to address on trigger events and for existing clients applying for new facilities.
- Raise preliminary assessment memo for deferred completion of KYC for advisory transactions.
- Complete counterparty check sheets and where applicable, review, address adverse news and escalate for approval.
- Conduct annual KYC reviews/ trigger reviews within stipulated timeframe and with minimal reworks.
- Review daily AML alerts escalated to the department and ensure prompt and timely closure of alerts.
- Handle queries from Legal and Compliance Department in relation to the KYCs/counterparty check sheets submitted.
- Provide support on other AML/ KYC related matters as may be required as well as any other reports/ projects/duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree with experience in corporate/ project finance KYCs preferred.
- Certifications in AML would be an added advantage.
- Familiar with regulatory requirements pertaining to KYC/ AML eg MAS Notice 626.
- Meticulous, proactive, organized and motivated.
- Team player who is able to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Possess good interpersonal skills and communicate effectively with internal and possibly external customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and internet search tools.
- Work Location: Changi Business Park