We are looking for a System/DB administrator to provide support for private banking system and related database. You are responsible for the problem-solving, customization, and daily operation of banking application and maintain the database when needed.
Responsibilities include, but are not exclusive to, the administration, support, and maintenance of the following:
- Works closely with the System Administrator and other members of the IT team
- Manage user accounts and parameters, System configuration
- Writing of programming language, Scripts etc., as necessary to the system customization.
- Database Security management
- Database installation, proactive monitoring, backup and recovery
- Applying patches and fixes on the application or databases.
- Writing reports, documentation and operating manuals
- Providing user training, support and trouble-shooting on daily basis.
- Perform Data Backups in compliance with the established procedures.
- Assist Linux and Windows administration
- Other duties as assigned by the head of IT team
The ideal candidate would have broad IT skills covering:
- Basic skills on Oracle and MSSQL or relevant experience.
- Knowledge in Linux and Windows Administration
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Understanding of structured query language (SQL)
- Java/C programming language skills.
- A Bachelor degree, prefer computer science or financial engineering graduated
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in the Banking industry
- Familiar with current popular database /web applications/ development frameworks
- Positive Working Attitude
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Highly organized, able to multi-task, the ability to work individually, within a team, and with other groups
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written across all user levels
- Able to communicate with China counterparts in Mandarin
Salary Range: $3,000 - $3,500
Contract with possible conversion