- To set up and develop Audit Plan that reflects the current business organization and operating environment in consultation with Head Office Audit Team.
- To perform the full spectrum of banking business audit of the branch, ensuring regulatory compliance and adherence to bank’s policies and procedures.
- Identify discrepancies, weaknesses, regulatory or risk issues.
- Prepare respective audit reports, with appropriate suggestions for corrective actions or value –added recommendation according to best practices on a risk-based approach.
- Lead in opening and closing audit engagements with external and regulatory auditors.
- Track all internal and external audit issues to resolution.
- Develop a good understanding of business strategy, plans, products, processes performance, risks and issues, and communication of these to Head office Audit.
- Establish and develop effective working relationships with the Management of business units.
- Participate in ad hoc assignments / special projects as assigned by Head Office Internal Audit or the Bank’s management.
- Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 5 years of audit experience gained at a wholesale corporate banking environment.
- Some experience in the operation or audit of Private Banking business is required.
- Ability to collect and objectively analyse and apply information, "thinking out of the box" where necessary, in supporting the planning, fieldwork or reporting of results of internal audit engagements.
- Well-organised with the ability to prioritise and plan workload to ensure delivery to timescales.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Mandarin (required to liaise with Chinese clients).
- Strong analytical skills, energetic and articulate.
Salary: $80K to 100K Per Annum